Sunday, September 25, 2022

23 September 2022 Mt. Jackson VA to College Park MD

 It’s a short drive to DC and the roads were in pretty good shape. We took I81 north to I66 east and I-495 around the north side. The traffic was pretty good until we got to 10 miles from our exit. That last 10 miles took over an hour. We are staying at the Cherry Hill RV Park ($81 per night with GSC) which is nestled between I-95 and I-495. It’s a convenient location for exploring Washington DC. The Metro is reasonably accessible (either drive to a station or take the county bus) and they have a shuttle bus that runs into town three days a week. This is a very large RV park but it is run very efficiently and everyone is very friendly. The neighborhoods outside the RV park are a bit away (Isolated by the freeways) and look a bit questionable but we have felt safe in our outings to the grocery stores and restaurants. 

No comments:

Post a Comment